iHeartMedia TV Traffic Anchor Part Time - (Harrisburg) in Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Prepares and anchors traffic and transit conditions for on-camera delivery.
• Focuses on providing timely and useful information to commuters planning their drives to and from work, by maintaining contact with external sources of information.
• Announces the latest accidents and traffic delays.
• Announces traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to TV viewers from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital mapping software and traffic video.
• Manages gathered information: keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
• In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• May require flexibility in work schedules with early AM availability
• May be embedded in a TV station and must live in close proximity to the York/Harrisburg region.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software
• Knowledgeable with Harrisburg coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Green screen and previous on-camera TV experience is a plus
• 1-2+ years’ experience as a traffic, news or street reporter for a commercial TV station
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• None required
Bala Cynwyd, PA: 555 E. City Avenue, Suite 1000, 19004
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx