iHeartMedia Unpaid Spring 2017 Intern in Burbank, California
Providing college students the chance to experience a career in various aspects of the radio/media & entertainment industry
iHeartMedia is committed to developing talent and interest in our industry and provides a wide range of internship opportunities for interested students. An internship at iHeartMedia Los Angeles can provide you the chance to explore your career interests, acquire marketable job skills while “learning the ropes” of the industry, establish professional contacts, and gain practical work experience.
iHeartMedia’s internship program offers opportunities in the areas of Programming, Production, Marketing & Promotion, Sales, and more. Our internships offer meaningful educational and work experiences designed to meet the academic and career goals of the intern. Our management will teach and encourage, but it’s up to the student to bring an enthusiasm to learn.
COLLEGE INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION:
iHeartMedia Los Angeles houses 8 radio stations in their Burbank office. They include: 102.7KIIS-FM, ALT 98.7, Real 92.3, KOST 103.5, 104.3 MYfm, KFI, AM 570 & The Patriot. The following departments in the various stations are accepting interns this Spring 2017 semester:
The SPRING internship term is a 14-week program that consists of the following:
- First 4 weeks - the intern immerses him/herself in a specific department (which he/she interviewed).
- Next 6 weeks - the intern actively rotates amongst the different departments (including, but not limited toProgramming, News & Community Affairs, Production, Media Integration, Online/Web Development, Digital Video, Digital Design and Sales) giving him/her a better understanding of how each work independently.
- Last 4 weeks - the student returns to their original department (now with a better understanding of how the company works together and effect each other).
The elements listed below are incorporated and occur through the duration of the program:
- Weekly intern meetings - the collective intern team meets to openly discuss their learnings and experiences as well as network and support each other.
- Online Activity Log - track and enter daily activities/rotations on a network computer.
- Attend discussion sessions and/or presentations - guest speakers and/or executive panels will meet with the collective intern team to candidly discuss an array of topics pertaining to their role(s) and career(s) at iHeartMedia as well as the industry as a whole.
- Final Group Project - brainstorm and democratically decide on a group project to be presented to the Market Manager/President of iHeartMedia - Los Angeles at the end of the term.
Applicants must be:
- at least 18 years old.
- enrolled full time in an accredited college or university. Any/all majors will be considered.
- able to provide a letter from that college or university stating that the student will be granted credit for the internship.
- available 3 days (minimum of 15 hours) a week.
- available to attend/participate/complete all of the elements listed above.
Interested students should submit/attach a resume and cover letter specifying their desired radio station/department. Samples of work and/or recommendation letters are not necessary.
Now Reviewing resumes
Until January 6th (2017) Phone/In-person interviews
February 13th (2017) Spring program begins
May 19th (2017) Spring program ends
An internship at iHeartMedia Los Angeles does not secure employment upon completion/graduation.
Location: Burbank, CA: 3400 West Olive Avenue, Suite 550, 91505
Position Type: Unpaid Interns
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.