iHeartMedia Traffic Reporter in Chicago, Illinois
Gathers traffic information from CCTraffic.net and delivers traffic reports on multiple stations in local area.
• Focuses on providing timely and useful information to commuters planning their drives to and from work, as well as to those already en route by maintaining contact with external sources of information or by observing traffic from air or land vehicle.
• Announces the latest accidents and hold-ups.
• Reads traffic reports, commercials and public service messages to listeners on the radio from a variety of in-take sources; canvasses local, state and national traffic news to determine significance and prioritization.
• Identifies, researches, and creates copy regarding traffic to feature during on-air shift; finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Manages gathered information: keeps all the facts straight, makes sure details are accurate and current and tracks any changes.
• In designated Hub stations, gathers and provides coverage for stations in multiple cities/locations.
• Maintains crucial deadlines in order to provide traffic updates in a timely fashion.
• May be required to report live on location from helicopters, to paint a visual picture (bird's eye view) by looking out of helicopter window.
• May prepare written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs or other social-media platforms.
• May require flexibility in work schedules.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms and audio production software
• Knowledgeable with local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of police scanners a plus
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 4+ years’ experience in on-air radio experience
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
• None required
Location: Chicago, IL: 161 N. Clark, 13th Floor, 60601
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.