iHeartMedia Traffic Reporter / Producer - Full Time in Denver, Colorado
Afternoon Drive/Evening traffic anchor and producer
• Use broadcast software and equipment to voice traffic reports for multiple clients, following station specific instructions for length, format, and content.
• Using internal and external resources, you’ll prioritize the most notable traffic information for delivery to the public within the window provided by the client.
• From the Denver hub, you’ll be voice reports on multiple radio stations in multiple markets.
• Deliver reports in a timely manner, both in length and on schedule.
• Become a subject matter expert when it comes to traffic. Required to have an understanding of roadways in all markets, and becomes familiar with lesser known areas when they become a priority.
• As a producer, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of data gathering and the first line of support for affiliates and staff.
• With a list of hub resources, you’ll monitor multiple data sources to identify traffic delays and their causes. This includes, but is not limited to; listening to police scanners, monitoring email and flow data, viewing cameras, contacting dispatchers, fielding calls from listeners, coordinating information with helicopter or other field units.
• All pertinent traffic data is entered into the proprietary TTWN data platform for distribution to traffic reporters and data clients.
• May require flexibility in work schedules.
• 1+ year in a broadcast environment.
• A critical thinker able to understand logistics, transportation, travel, and their impact to the public.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, audio equipment, social networking, and some troubleshooting.
• Knowledgeable of local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns
• Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, “newsroom-like” collaborative environment
• Excellent writing and editing skills; proficient in grammar
• Sound news judgement. Strong attention to detail, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to plan and organize set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding of police scanners a plus
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 2+ years on-air radio experience
• 2-year college degree, preferably in Broadcast Journalism or Communications, or equivalent experience
• None required
Location: Denver, CO: 4695 S. Monaco Street, 80237
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.