iHeartMedia CCOA Financial Analyst in El Paso, Texas
The Financial Analyst will 1) Analyze financial information to produce forecast, 2) Assemble spreadsheets to assist in understanding the business, 3) Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts and 4) Review of financial trades with applicable commentary.
Reporting & Analysis: 70%
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
- Prepare variance analysis to forecast, budget and prior year as part of the month-end review process, board preparation or for other requests
- Prepare the weekly BOB and supporting schedules
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts and forecast variance analysis
- Work with sales, operations and general management to identify and track cost savings initiatives
- Assist Finance Business Manager with special projects, reporting, inquiries, policy deployment or other business projects and initiatives
- Engage in proactive analysis to drive revenue growth and profit generation via scenario analyses, rate reviews, occupancy studies etc.
- Assist with special projects at the request of general management, corporate or SSC
General Accounting: 30%
- Reconcile certain branch specific or complex account reconciliations
- Assist SSC with account reconciliation inquiries
- Perform various month-end close activities, assisting SSC with requests to facilitate a timely close process
- Manage the Fixed Asset reconciliation process
- Review aging receivable reports and accounts as appropriate (SSC is primarily responsible)
- Assist the Finance Business manager with payroll function, ensure bonuses are correctly calculated and entered and review all reports
- Support SSC collections with customer account research, AE support and review of credit limits
- Prepare/Assist with Union reporting
- Assist in Commission process
- Assist in Account Owner process
Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant work and educational experience Experience Skills
2 – 4 years’ experience with financial modeling in a functionally dedicated environment preferred
- FP&A experience in a large organization preferred
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills; Must be detail oriented
- Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from high level executives, groups of managers, clients, and customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and problems in management areas, and recommend and implement solutions supported by data analysis
- Must have advanced knowledge of Windows operating system and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel modeling (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.)
- Experience with a top tier financial system; Cognos experience preferred
- Must have ability to learn and use company system(s)
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions and to apply financial mathematics and concepts to data analysis
- Ability to translate analysis results into charts and graphs
- Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions
- Ability to think things through and develop processes that contribute to enhanced organizational efficiency
- Problem Solving Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Peer Relationships- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goals; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manager group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time, concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Written Communications – Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Location: El Paso, TX: 2305 Sparkman Street, 79903
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.