iHeartMedia Senior Software Developer in Gainesville, Florida
Develops new and enhances or maintains existing software components.
• Serves as an expert in object-oriented and component-based development, patterns and design for reuse; applies test driven design and works towards automating and standardizing practices.
• Builds and maintain a suite of native apps.
• Eliminates impediments and performs design and code reviews.
• Builds intermediate to highly complex, high quality software components by analyzing, creating, designing and coding, troubleshooting and unit testing for new products.
• Designs new features and enhancements for existing products.
• Delivers high quality software components with minimal defects; identifies and resolves errors and related software problems.
• Creates and documents component specifications and detailed designs by working with Architects to implement specific system architecture; analyzes customer and internal requirements and specifications, and translates into the software design.
• Identifies and resolves potential risks and issues; works in teams to implement mitigation plans and processes.
• Builds and delivers phase exit review items; works with team members to follow company processes and practices for project delivery.
• Participates in Agile development practices.
• Ability to architect and create enterprise level applications on a Windows platform
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the software delivery life cycle
• Strong ability to perform and utilize testing techniques to troubleshoot hardware and software configuration issues; good debugging skills
• Demonstrated ability to conduct testing, including end-to-end and user acceptance testing phases, using best practices in software testing agile methodologies
• Adept at profiling and tuning applications for CPU/memory use
• Understanding of video and audio processing
• Understanding of COM/DCOM technologies
• Understanding of the .Net Framework and web services
• Can increase the maintainability of codebase by writing future-proof code with an emphasis on extensibility and reusability
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written skills; ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates
• Can deliver creative technical solutions that are scalable
• Strong skills in multi-tasking day-to-day activities and effectively identifying issues in a variety of hardware and software environments
• Able to work individually and within a team
• 5+ years’ experience developing enterprise-level software applications in a Windows environment.
• 3+ years’ experience developing WCF-based web services
• 3+ years’ experience Developing COM/DCOM based software
• Developing video or graphics related software
• B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, IS Engineering, or related field
• None required
Location: Gainesville, FL: 4500 NW 27th Ave, Building B-1, 32606
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.