iHeartMedia News Anchor in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Morning news anchor and reporter for WOOD, NEWSRADIO WOOD 1300/106.9 FM
• Writes, reports and deliver live and recorded news, talk, or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing news and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience.
• Gathers, writes and reports newscasts on air.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Prepares for an air news anchor shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
•Writes and publishes news to the station website page.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; community gatherings and serves as ambassador for the newsroom and WOOD Radio when out in public.
• May assist with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
• Serves as primary canchor of the WOOD Radio Morning News Program.
• Researches and gains knowledge of local, state, and regional news stories and events.
• Updates and maintains station social media brands, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
• Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
• Handles breaking/emergency news alerts as needed(e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
Maintains an active and demonstrated presence on social media sites.
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
• Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
• Confident and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• May require other language proficiency, e.g., Spanish
• 2+ years of on-air radio news anchoring experience required
• Audio demo of on-air newscasts, interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
• Writing Samples of newscasts/news scripts.
• 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
• None required
Grand Rapids, MI: 77 Monroe Center Nw, Suite 800, 900 and 1000, 49503
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx