iHeartMedia Associate Account Executive in Laurel, Maryland
The Associate Account Executive (AAE) role is a 18 month development program for professionals who wish to become successful sellers in the outdoor advertising industry.With the assistance of mentors and managers, our AAE team members will help drive revenue by supporting Senior Account Executives with sales tasks. In addition, Associates will build a pipeline of prospects and create relationships with existing customers. Throughout the duration of the program, trainees are given guidance to learn customer service, pricing, and business operations. Learning occurs primarily through supporting the Senior AE, and is supplemented with relevant training sessions and on-the-job mentoring
- Assist assigned Senior Account Executive with new sales by managing all tasks associated with Order creation including creating and editing of customer contracts and seeing posting through to completion
- Balance sales activities, customer service, new client development, administrative, compliance and personal growth and development according to both a day-to-day and longer-term plan
- Research new prospects and improve existing customer relationships
- Ensure customer satisfaction by seamlessly facilitating tasks with creative, operations, marketing and finance staff
- Seek the expertise of Senior Account Executive, where appropriate, to maximize revenue generation
- Complete required training learning path and associated knowledge checks
Effectively communicate cross-functionally
Complete other duties as assigned or requested by Senior Account Executive
- 4-year college degree, BA/BS or equivalent
- Media sales experience is helpful but not required.
- Applicable experience in sales or in a professional or entrepreneurial setting is helpful but not required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; detail oriented
- Able to quickly adapt to new communication styles and deal with a variety of people
- Have a collaborative and professional style with the objective of building strong relationships
- Self-starter with a diligent work ethic and demonstrated flexibility
- Is extremely confident and has an engaging presence
- Able to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including delivering effective presentations
- Able to complete required math calculations (e.g., add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Has high professional standards and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and social media platforms
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people—up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Can effectively cope with change; isn't upset when things are up in the air; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen – Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Able to travel outside of the office at least 50% of the time for meetings and industry events
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Location: Laurel, MD: 9590 Lynn Buff Court, Suite 5, 20723
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.