iHeartMedia Part Time On-Air Announcer/Board Operator in Minneapolis, Minnesota
iHeartMedia, Inc. in Minneapolis is seeking a dynamic, experienced Part-Time On-Air Announcer/Board Operator. This person should be aware of concerts and other music events that are happening in the Twin Cities with a keen understanding of the use of Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, et al). Use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material is a must. This position requires a genuine one-to-one on-air delivery style and a positive attitude both on and off the air.
• Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
• Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
• Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room.
• Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
• Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
• Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
• Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
• Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
• Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
• Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
• Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
• Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Some radio experience preferred
- Ability to work primarily weeknights and weekends
- Strong technical skills and experience with audio editing
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Strong web/social media skills
- Knowledge of current events and pop culture
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Must be a quick thinker and self-starter
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, Inc., the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws
- Some college preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
• Time management and attention to detail
• Ability to work without close supervision
• Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
• Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
• Works well in a team environment
• 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
• High school graduate or G.E.D.
• None required
Location: Minneapolis, MN: 1600 Utica Avenue South, Suite 500, 55416
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.