iHeartMedia Director of Marketing, Engagement & Retention in New York, New York
Director of Marketing, Engagement & Retention at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio service, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 800 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history and reached 90 million users faster than any digital music service and even faster than Facebook and Pinterest. The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
The Director of Marketing Engagement is responsible for developing overall integrated marketing programs and driving engagement among users of the iHeartRadio digital services, across email, push and in-app channels. These are campaigns that drive subscriptions, unique app opens, total listening hours and reduce listener churn. Your mandate is to keep listeners engaged on iHeartRadio by designing both high impact and highly personalized campaigns, touching tens of millions of music fans. Developing processes, systems and an internal systems infrastructure to scale promotions across the growing user base is a critical component of the job. The position requires a person with an entrepreneurial mindset, a test, analyze and learn orientation, creativity and deep quantitative skillset.
- Define and drive our user engagement strategy to reach key product listening goals; spanning broader content programs, integrated marketing campaigns and individualized outreach and triggered communication
- Develop, lead and manage cross-platform, world-class integrated marketing programs that are on-brand, stand out in the marketplace and fully leverage iHeartMedia's platform
- Participate in iHeartRadio brand positioning strategy work
- Manage the email development process, including ideation, creative production, testing, deployment and reporting. Work with product, data and development teams to define requirements and execute tailored campaigns
- Drive re-engagement efforts across email, push and in-product messages
- Formulate and execute A/B tests to continually improve our user engagement strategy
- Use data to identify cohorts and prioritize opportunities to engage more effectively with our listeners and drive desired engagement, trials and subscriptions
- Manage day-to-day email and other user messaging operations - ensuring high inbox deliverability, monitoring reputation scores, complying with industry best practices and managing relationship with ESPs
- Develop user base segmentation strategies (CRM) to optimize response to user messages, including leading internal or external Data Science resources to develop improved, personalized methodologies for targeting and reaching most responsive user groups
- Partner with Analytics to identify key customer segments and cohort LTVs. Drive acquisition and engagement with unique tactics and competitive offering for each audience
- Track, analyze, and report results from marketing programs. Design customer feedback loops and cohort data that provides regular insights for enhancing strategy
- BA or BS degree; MBA a plus
- 8+ Years’ experience in a consumer facing digital marketing role
- 5+ years minimum focused on email marketing, CRM, and/or lifecycle marketing with significant emphasis on A/B testing, cohort targeting and conversion optimization
- 2+ years working with consumer mobile Apps
- 2+ years working on e-commerce businesses
- 2+ years managing direct reports, with proven leadership and management skills
- Strong analytical skills and background, including considerable experience with Excel and other analytics tools
- Excellent communicator, with ability to work effectively across functions. Strong communication skills, both written and verbally
- Ambitious, courteous, flexible, & curious personality traits.
- Ability to mix creativity with strategic thinking, and demonstrate strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Position requires an ‘always-on’ job mindset, with ability to respond after hours and on weekends
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.