iHeartMedia President, Airports in New York, New York
The President, Airports position is a key member of the Clear Channel Outdoor (CCO) senior management team, reporting directly to the Senior Regional President, with general management oversight responsibilities for the Airports business. This position directs all aspects of the Airports business including: Finance; Operations; Procurement; and Sales & Marketing functions. Primary responsibilities include delivering EBITDA at or above budgeted levels, as well as identifying potential new business relationships & deepening existing partnerships to achieve revenue performance goals and drive growth. The ideal candidate will have the ability to create an organizational culture where continuous improvement, effective change management, high performance and winning are core attributes. Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals, understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses, analyzes market and competition, takes calculated risks to accomplish goals, identifies external threats and opportunities, adapt strategy to changing conditions.
- Responsible for the P&L and capital budget of the Airports business with strong focus on revenue growth, optimizing capital investments and EBITDA.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in projects developing a broad and deep understanding of all business functions.
- Motivates and mentors management and staff; leads by example through participation and involvement in, and oversight of appropriate activities.
- Establishes practices to monitor progress against business objectives and develops strategies to effectively address changing business environments
- Builds strategic relationships with clients and other internal & external stakeholders through business development, regular and ongoing communications
- Secures high level agency and advertiser meetings and participates in closing sales opportunities by providing internal strategic coordination and direction
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions, examines risks and potentials and estimates partners' needs and goals
- Develops an informed perspective on each department under his/her responsibility through a mixture of regular, routine management meetings and systemic information gathering and analysis
- Responsible for hiring, performance managing and supervising employees and maintaining positive employee relations
- Identifies, develops and advocates for high potential and high performing talent at all levels of the organization
- Ensures the successful implementation of changes in policies, practices, methods, applications, and tools
- Actively participates with OAAA and Airport industry trade associations
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and/or combination of significant relevant work and educational experience - Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- Demonstrated success in leading, building, coaching and motivating high performance sales team with an emphasis on digital and traditional media platforms
- Professional and credible presence and ability to interact effectively with clients and develop lasting relationships
- Experience in managing large sales operation in excess of $175 million and staff of 200+
- Ability to motivate teams to produce results in line with and ideally better than stated objectives
- Ability to create and leverage an external network of professional and community contacts who are beneficial to the business
- Ability to attract, retain and develop top talent in all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate with and partner with internal stakeholders (i.e. Branch Presidents, support functions, department heads and sales leaders) to develop integrated client offerings
- Keen ability to assess situations, perform root cause analysis, and provide solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, negotiation skills
- Ability to leverage data & analytics and balance risk & reward in decision making, especially with regard to pricing tools & analytics; Financial acumen & budgeting skills
- Ability to implement and sustain operational rigor over time and hold people accountable to results
- >10 years in general management roles with P&L responsibility preferred
- Experience in procurement, government bids and airport industry is a plus
- Position will be based out of New York, NY
Location: New York, NY: 99 Park Avenue, 2nd Floor, 10016
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.