iHeartMedia Senior Data Engineer in New York, New York
Senior Data Engineer at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 100 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
iHeartMedia has data problems, both big and small. This means managing extensive listening history from over 100 million users, music metadata on over 30 million tracks, data processing for 850+ broadcast stations, ad sales/impressions, and targeted advertising campaigns. The Data Engineer who joins our team will impact how people listen to the radio, how the marketing and advertising industry can connect with our millions of listeners, and help drive important business decisions with a robust data platform.
In this role, expect to build out high throughput data pipelines and work to improve the existing infrastructure. You will help improve performance, squash bugs, and increase visibility into the data ecosystem. Expect end to end ownership of your code, and ideally you enjoy reviewing pull requests. If you enjoy working with large sets of data and the challenges associated with them this is the role for you.
- Design, build and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines into production.
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable our consumers to understand and analyze the data faster.
- Maintain and trouble shoot existing data pipelines.
- Experiment with various frameworks in the Big Data ecosystem to identify the optimal approach for extracting insights from out datasets.
- 4+ years of experience ingesting, processing, storing, and querying large datasets.
- 2+ years of experience working in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code components in Python, Java or similar language(s).
- A self-starter with an attention to detail, and a passion for code correctness.
- Ability to investigate data issues across a large and complex system by working alongside multiple departments and systems.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Experience with Spark, Storm, or similar
- Proven proficiency with Scala
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.