iHeartMedia Site Reliability Engineer in New York, New York
Site Reliability Engineer at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 100 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service.
We are looking for software engineers to join our newly minted Site Reliability teams. You will get to join us at an exciting juncture and be part of the team building the next generation of our infrastructure, heavily relying on Kubernetes. You will be a part of a team that is passionate about providing reliable solutions to hard working, talented developers who are eager to move fast.
Our goal is to create self-service solutions for all of engineering to leverage, not to be operators or gatekeepers. We seek to build a platform where engineers can deploy, manage and operate their micro-services rapidly, reliably and safely. We seek to provide the tools and basic training that will allow service owners to confidently troubleshoot issues without our assistance in all but the most extreme cases.
You will be given the autonomy to architect, build and maintain infrastructure platforms. You will be supported by your manager to take risks, safe in the knowledge that we tolerate failure as we believe it is a critical part of growth. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a big impact on a growing engineering team facing challenging problems.
- Build platforms upon our cloud based infrastructure for all of engineering to leverage
- Gather requirements and work to drive the adoption of the tools and services you build
- Produce robust solutions that handle failure and are self-healing
- Enhance/Replace existing tools and scripts
- Work directly with engineering teams
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Participate in code reviews
- Share knowledge and mentor other engineers
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Debug and identify root cause code and systems issues
- Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Mid level to advanced coding skills
- Understanding of computational complexity & working understanding of algorithms
- Ability to learn new languages (Ruby, Go, Python, Java, Scala)
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Ability to learn new software, frameworks and APIs
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend new solutions to difficult engineering problems
- Ability to decompose complex systems and find failure scenarios
- Experience with Linux and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals, as well as a desire to learn more
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems
- Desire to work as part of a team
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.