iHeartMedia Software Engineer in Test (NYC) in New York, New York
Software Engineer in Test (NYC) at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 100 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
We are looking for several Test Engineers who believe deeply in Continuous Integration and Deployment and have extensive background working in fast-paced, agile environments. As a Test Engineer, you will be embedded directly into our product teams and will work alongside existing Software Engineers to help build and expand our suite of automation tools and frameworks. If you have a passion for bringing push button deployments with full testing and regression tools to life, including Selenium Webdriver, PhantomJS, Appium, and Java, and have rapid and high quality deployments as a minimum standard for your team, you will love this role.
We take our testing seriously and we want Engineers to be autonomous, creative and most of all produce high quality software. Quality not only entails finding bugs, but also helping to commit code, including functional tests, measuring performance, latency and data consistency across our entire product portfolio.
- Architect and create an Automation Framework using open source technologies
- Work directly on our product teams ensuring proper Functional and Regression test coverage using tools like Selenium Webdriver, PhantomJS, Appium, Java, JUnit, TestNG, XCTest and others
- Ensure that the testing and automation tools are wired into our Continuous Integration process using tools like Jenkins
- Work with individual engineers to ensure that the different product teams have a high degree of focus on quality by working on strategies (and code) for Functional testing
- Execute any manual testing required to move product work through the agile sprints
- Ensure all testing includes a multi-platform approach by thinking about different browsers and devices where iHeartRadio products live
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers on building out test strategies and plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ Years experience in a Test Engineering role for both client or backend based products
- Extensive experience in writing automated tests using frameworks like Selenium Webdriver, Appium, Java, JUnit, TestNG, Git
- Experience testing HTML and Mobile interfaces manually and automated
- Strong understanding of basic protocols like HTTP
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.