iHeartMedia Software Engineer, Site Reliability in New York, New York
Software Engineer, Site Reliability at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 100 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service.
Come join our Site Reliability team. You will get to join us at an exciting juncture as we build the next generation of our infrastructure, heavily relying on Kubernetes. We seek to build a platform where engineers can deploy, manage and operate their micro-services rapidly, reliably and safely by providing the tools that will allow service owners to troubleshoot issues without assistance in all but the most extreme cases.
In this role, you’ll be given the autonomy to architect, build and maintain infrastructure platforms from the ground up. You will be encouraged to take risks, safe in the knowledge that we tolerate failure as we believe it is a critical part of growth. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a big impact on a growing engineering team facing challenging problems.
- Build platforms upon our cloud based infrastructure for all of engineering to leverage
- Gather requirements and work to drive the adoption of the tools and services you build
- Produce robust solutions that handle failure and are self-healing
- Work directly with engineering teams building tooling ensuring we are fully automated
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other members of the Site Reliability Team
- Participate in code reviews and develop and maintain documentation
- Debug and identify root cause code and systems issues
- Mid-level to advanced coding skills
- Ability to learn new languages (Go, Scala, Python, Ruby)
- Understanding of computational complexity & working understanding of algorithms
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (particularly AWS) a plus
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs
- Ability to decompose complex systems and find failure scenarios
- Experience with Linux and a good understanding of its fundamentals
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage system
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.