iHeartMedia VP, Business Intelligence in New York, New York
VP, Business Intelligence at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 100 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
iHeartRadio is looking for a Business Intelligence professional to provide business insights, further develop analysis tools, and provide guidance and leadership to the BI team. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience driving key insights and developing & delivering KPIs in an always-on consumer-facing media environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Interface with iHeartRadio senior management to provide KPI’s and regular and ad hoc reporting and insights related to performance of iHR’s mobile streaming app, websites, and radio stations.
- Provide management, leadership and oversight of the digital analytics and implementation team of 6
- Lead the BI team in developing quantitative and qualitative analyses, custom models and ad hoc reports to effectively monitor performance, trends and opportunities across iHR digital products
- Work with business leads to define KPIs for success, track against them and provide regular reports to iHeartMedia’s senior executives
- Establish structure and cadence for daily, weekly and monthly reporting outputs covering web, mobile, Auto and CE platforms, including both free and subscription service tiers
- Help to identify innovative and relevant applications and methodologies for digital program measurement and present for consideration
- Partner with data science and engineering teams to identify and prioritize critical data collection strategies
- Train and oversee BI team members to assist in analysis, proper tagging and data gathering
- Work with iHeartMedia's leadership to help evolve metrics processes and techniques
Job requirements include:
- 5+ years’ experience managing staff on an Business Intelligence or Analytics team
- Always-on mentality — candidate must eat, sleep and breathe data
- Effective, personable communicator who can craft stories from the data and provide strategic recommendations
- Strong analytic skills spanning quantitative and qualitative disciplines
- Understanding of distinctions between data, insights, findings and implications
- Strong SQL and Python skills as well as familiarity with Amazon Redshift
- Deep knowledge of key analytics platforms such Google Analytics, Omniture, Localytics, Tableau, and Looker
- R programming language knowledge a plus
- Solid grasp of "big picture" digital, social media and mobile data; maintain awareness of activities and how they relate to overall objective/target
- Predictive modeling expertise
- Strong, proven critical thinking, writing, presentation and communication skills
- Experience measuring and monitoring social media — personal use of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Periscope, Instagram, Snapchat a big plus
- 10+ years’ experience in digital analytics, preferably mobile app. Degree in business, statistics or MBA preferred
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.