iHeartMedia VP of Real Estate and Public Affairs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Strategically manage both the real estate and public affairs team with the focus of growing the region’s portfolio of real estate assets while successfully navigating the federal, state & local regulatory environment; and making strategic / tactical decisions about site location, entitlements, design, budgeting, construction and/or acquisition of real estate assets.
- Manages existing real estate assets to secure cash flow; minimize site lease, real estate, and some public affairs expenses; employ capital monies for new construction and acquisitions; and maximize value of assets in condemnation. Prepare monthly & quarterly reports.
- Oversees real estate matters, including policies, and procedures to protect the existing real estate inventory; and work with others to effect laws and public sentiment that is friendly to the company/industry. Prepare quarterly Real Estate and Public Affairs Reports, strategizing on current issues and developing political and community relationships campaigns.
- Coordinates with legal counsel in all matters involving restrictive zoning, takings, lease contract disputes, code violations and other legal issues.
- Maintains consistent communications with real estate and public affairs department to effectively share ideas with the parent company and sister divisions.
- Wins support of programs from various government and community entities consistent with company goals and objectives, while thwarting obstacles to those goals and objectives.
- Works with other departments such as sales, marketing, finance, and operations to target opportunities, set real estate goals, and evaluate legal/governmental issues.
- Resolves challenging customer complaints.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent experience. Graduate degree and/or real estate license a plus.
- 3 years real estate experience, preferably in charge of either significant portfolio management and/or the entitlement process for a real estate leasing/development firm.
- 2 years management experience required, preferably in a related field.
- Relevant experience in managing 3rd party vendors.
- A strong talent mindset – exceptional people management and team performance experience.
- Able to read and interpret complex legal, zoning and technical documents.
- Politically savvy with the ability to select and build an effective team, and to inspire the same excellence in others.
- Deep and broad business acumen with strong analytical, critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills focused on achieving business results.
- Have a collaborative and professional style with the objective of building strong relationships with diverse customer groups and vendors.
- Be a self-starter with a diligent work ethic, demonstrated flexibility and tolerance for rejection.
- Able to multi-task and balance multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of media and advertising industry, business cycles, and key revenue and expense drivers.
- Able to accurately assess situations, perform root cause analysis and provide solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including acumen in delivering presentations.
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding the Business – Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general.
- Getting Work Done Through Others – Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback.
- Political Savvy – Can maneuver through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organizations function; anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Communicating Effectively – Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
- Negotiation – Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Occasional travel outside the market area for legislative sessions and company sponsored events and trade meetings.
- Access to a reliable vehicle and possess valid driver’s license.
Location: Philadelphia, PA: 9130 State Road, 19136
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.