iHeartMedia Writer/Anchor in Phoenix, Arizona
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Total Traffic + Weather Network
Anchors and writers news for several markets and writes copy for wire service. Please note this is a fulltime position with shift work so you must be willing to work overnights/weekends and holidays.
• Gathers, writes, edits and prepares content.
• Scans various websites, newspapers, magazines, social media, online content and other sources for latest information on celebrities, entertainment, news events, music, current events, weather etc., in order to collect information for posting on “prep services” websites.
• May specialize in certain formats appropriate to coverage area demographics, e.g., country music, comedy, breaking events, celebrities’ news.
• Fully proficient with station(s)’ computer, voice and data systems or ability to learn new systems quickly
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Excellent writing and editing ability; excellent grammar
• Strong time management skills; adept at setting priorities and managing deadlines
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar newsgathering and/or media operations environment
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required
Phoenix, AZ: 4686 E. Van Buren Street, Suite 300, 85008
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx