iHeartMedia News Director/Public Service Director in Raleigh, North Carolina
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
News Director/Public Service Director
• Provides early morning newscasts for three North Carolina markets.
• Researches, writes, edits and performs newscasts.
• Maintains the market’s public file in accordance with FCC regulations and company policy.
• Researches, hosts and produces weekly public affairs programming.
• Posting to station websites as needed.
• Acts as the liaison to the community in the areas of news and public affairs
• Occasionally interacts with both account representatives and clients.
• Capable in Adobe Audition and automation systems such as NexGen and/or Scott Studios.
• Ability to write in a concise and conversational style.
• Knowledge of local audience’s interests and preferences
• Stress tolerance especially with tight deadlines.
• Ability to plan and organize, manage projects and multi task in a fast-paced environment
• High degree of attention to detail, optimal work standards and process improvement ability
• Strong interpersonal skills, can collaborate with all station staff
• 2-3+ years’ experience in a similar newsgathering and/or media operations environment with on-air experience.
• Four-year Bachelor's degree in a related field; Media, Communications, or Journalism preferred
• None required
Raleigh, NC: 3100 Smoketree Court, Suite 700, 27604
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx