iHeartMedia Chief Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Oversees technology functions and broadcasting/telecommunication systems
Plans, organizes, directs, and oversees technology functions including: LAN hardware and software infrastructure development and maintenance, Applications programming and analysis, Field systems administration, Telecommunications, data security, and disaster recovery, Leads system installations, upgrades, configurations, and maintenance. Ensure broadcasting/telecommunications equipment is robust, reliable, and complies with Federal and state requirements. Monitors the identification, prioritization, and prompt resolution of system-related issues.
• Participates in designing, configuring, deploying and maintaining various types of electronic equipment for optimum transmission and/or broadcast performance with scalability, performance and reliability.
• Assists clients, fellow technicians, and service personnel in the installation, training and support of software, hardware, and related 3rd party peripheral components, including but are not limited to file servers, commercial grade workstations, networking switches, NICs, monitors, KVMs, and radio equipment.
• Tests faulty electronic components and circuits to locate defects and applies knowledge of electronic systems to diagnose causes of malfunction.
• Responds promptly to client needs; troubleshoots problems to ascertain issue and develops solutions in a timely manner.
• Implements planned maintenance support (e.g. installs tools, applies upgrades, etc.) as a preventative/precautionary measure.
• Aligns, adjusts, and calibrates equipment according to specifications.
• Creates pre-production backups, new code and configuration file updates.
• Interacts with technical team to understand issues with database querying, log file analysis, error correlation, scripting, and data analysis.
• Maintains internal tools used by the department and records repairs, calibrations and tests.
• May participate in after-hours production/deployment/releases.
• May serve as after-hours support on call rotation for service trouble incidents.
• Can gather and analyzes information skillfully
• Experience with the following components: Windows Operating Systems, Remote Access Applications (VNC, Remote Desktop, Team Viewer, etc.), network technologies, systems security, Cloud technologies and network monitoring tools
• Experience with .NET 3.5, 4.0, Web Application Configuration and Architecture, IIS 6.0, 7.0 strongly preferred
• Understanding of web and mobile standards
• Solid understanding of code deployment practices and SDLC
• Proven experience in group problem-solving situations; strong analytical skills
• Independence; ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team
• Stress tolerance, especially when dealing with tight timeframes and difficult and/or emotional client situations
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload under deadlines in a fast-paced environment; can escalate appropriately
• Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to develop, read and Interpret technical documentation
• Excellent verbal and written skills; ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates; can edit work for spelling and grammar
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in general information technology
• Radio background a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology and/or equivalent experience
• None required
Salt Lake City, UT: 2801 S Decker Lake Dr, 84119
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx