iHeartMedia Principal Systems Engineer in San Antonio, Texas
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Engineers the technical solutions to business requirements based on infrastructure design.
• Takes architectural specifications and considers business to create cost-effective, high quality infrastructure solutions to operate the business.
• Improves infrastructure, process and toolset by engaging with other IT projects and professions to eliminate barriers and direct IT toward best practices.
• Participates in complex projects of long duration providing execution.
• Provides analysis, design consultation, and evaluation for technical or infrastructure projects.
• Manages technical deliverables in the infrastructure phase, creating detail architecture for technical solutions and providing accurate estimates for building components.
• Participates in the evaluation of new infrastructure technologies, and new feature sets of existing infrastructure technologies.
• Maintains and shares knowledge with team in both formal and informal settings.
• Troubleshoots production and non-production issues utilizing the appropriate tools.
• Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with developers to implement those fixes.
• Maintains security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
• May supervise junior engineering and technical staff.
• Proven experience in group problem-solving situations; strong analytical skills
• Stress tolerance, especially when dealing with tight timeframes and difficult and/or emotional client situations
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload under deadlines in a fast-paced environment; can escalate appropriately
• Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved
• Ability to develop, read and interpret technical documentation
• Excellent oral and written skills; ability to communicate at detailed technical level as well as to distill advanced concepts into fundamental principles for teammates
• Understanding of web and mobile standards, code deployment practices and SDLC
• Proficient in the following components: Windows Operating Systems, Remote Access Applications (VNC, Remote Desktop, Team Viewer, etc.), network technologies, systems security, Cloud technologies and network monitoring tools, .NET 3.5, 4.0, Web Application Configuration and Architecture, IIS 6.0, 7.0
• Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
• Knowledge of virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box), and of monitoring systems and automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Radio background a plus
• BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• MS degree preferred
• None required
Additional Job Description:
Participate in the cloud security governance model, establishing policies, standards and best practices
Provide advanced level skills and expertise to architect cloud solutions and to develop governance, principles and best practices
Ability to work in a DevOps model
Knowledge of scripting technologies such as Ruby and BASH
Experience utilizing Chef, Puppet, recipes and cookbooks
Experience with ELK and LAMP stacks
San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx