iHeartMedia Senior Systems Engineer in San Antonio, Texas
Engineers the technical solutions to business requirements based on infrastructure design.
Senior Systems Engineer - Messaging and Directory Services
The Senior Messaging and Directory Services Engineer is responsible for third tier and executive customer support, oversight, management and administration of the Messaging and Directory Services infrastructure services. This includes DNS, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, ADFS and Identity Management services. Senior Engineers are directly responsible for enabling new business opportunities through technology integrations, and aiding the employee workforce in collaboration and utilization of cloud services.
Responsible for participating on project teams as a project development lead and can manage the work of technical engineers on a given project. Position takes architectural specifications and business considerations to create cost-effective, high quality solutions to operate the business. Position improves the infrastructure, process and tool-set by engaging with other IT projects and professions to eliminate barriers and direct IT toward best practices.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Build and maintain Exchange 2010 / Office 365 Hybrid environments
- Manage Proofpoint, Microsoft, and other cloud based spam filtering solutions
- Implement device interfaces (Android, iPhones, ActiveSync Phones) and respond to issues
- Develop and run Power Shell scripts for configuration
- Manage Active Directory attributes per company requirements
- Troubleshooting all Active Directory Issues (FRS, Replication, DNS)
- Schema planning and updates
- Respond to customer requests
- Manage and troubleshoot DNS issues
- Manage ADFS Single Sign On implementations
- Provide assistance and guidance for on premise Identity Management systems
Project coordination, advising, implementation
- Participate in complex projects of long duration providing execution.
- May provide analysis and design consultation for technical or infrastructure projects.
- Generate detail design for technical solutions.
- Manage technical deliverables in the Infrastructure phase.
- Provide accurate estimates for building components.
- May work as Project Development Lead Role.
- Work closely with upstream and downstream roles.
- Review technical solutions against business requirements.
- Understand and implements business requirements and detailed design.
- Generate Phase Exit Review items for the Infrastructure phase.
Maintain and share knowledge, troubleshoot issues
- Help share knowledge and skill with teams
- Maintain capable, current knowledge and expertise in a wide range of infrastructure techniques, technologies, processes, platforms, and infrastructure systems.
- Troubleshoot production and non-production issues utilizing the appropriate tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, certification from a technical school and/or equivalent experience
- Preferred certifications: Microsoft
Minimum of 5 years of experience with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
Minimum 2 years of experience with Office 365 Enterprise Tenant
Minimum 2 years with Windows 2012
Knowledge in Powershell Scripting and script logic concepts
Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, and Web hosting concepts
Knowledge of Active Directory LDAP and Azure Active Directory
Consistently exceptional performance and a demonstrated superior record of reliable and timely task completion where direction of a team effort is required.
Location: San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.