iHeartMedia Chief Engineer in Savannah, Georgia
iHeartMedia Savannah Chief Engineer. The successful candidate will oversee all technical aspects of a Radio market and must be highly skilled not only in technical matters, but also have strong management and communication skills. This position has substantial hands on requirements.
- Accountable for planning, developing, implementing and administering one or more technology functions of the Market, including information technology, broadcast and/or digital media technologies.
- Organizes and directs all technology functions of the market or station, including local area network and software infrastructure development and maintenance, telecommunications, data security and disaster recovery.
- Organizes and directs the broadcast technology functions of the market or station including broadcast equipment engineering, broadcast studios and transmission facilities.
- Organizes and directs digital media technology including digital media equipment and infrastructure.
- Ensures broadcast equipment and systems are available, maintained, robust and upgraded in a manner that ensures reliable, continuous operations compliant with all local and federal Rules and regulations.
- Fluent understanding of FCC part 1, 73 and 74 Rules and regulations necessary.
- Ensures timely troubleshooting and engineering support to keep broadcasts reliably on-air and on streams.
- Plans and coordinates new installations or changes to technology infrastructure.
- Position is on 24 hour duty call.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Nexgen audio playout systems
- Both High and Low power RF Transmission systems and transmitters
- Microsoft operating systems
- Cisco IOS
- Bench Electronics troubleshooting and repair
- HP/Dell Computer Hardware
- Audio Routing and management
- Audio mixing consoles, processing and management
- Power generators and UPS systems
- Satellite systems
- Tower management
- 5 + years of experience in broadcast engineering or related electronics field
- Ability to design, install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and/or repair radio broadcast equipment, Including information systems
- Knowledge of broadcast systems circuitry, design, and/or installation. Records maintenance skills
Ability to test systems and/or operations in compliance with published standards
Windows/OSX and networking skills requiredProficient in studio, transmitter and digital media maintenance
- Computer administration
- Computer automation systems,
- Remote broadcasts
- FCC and OSHA rules
- IT infrastructure
- STL systems
- Power generation systems
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel alike
- Minimum 5 years broadcast engineering experience
- Technical education or similar experience
- SBE certification and/or FCC General license a plus
- Valid driver's license with excellent driving record
- SBE certification at CBRE or higher preferred
- Cisco, A+ certification a plus
- 2 years Technical School or military training in electronics very helpful
Location: Savannah, GA: 245 Alfred St, 31408
Position Type: Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers clickhere to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.