iHeartMedia Junior Product Designer in 32 Avenue of the Americas, United States
Junior Product Designer at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 100 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
iHeartRadio's Junior Product Designer will serve as the creative influence behind the development of digital products. The Junior Product Designer will work closely with Product Managers, Developers and other Product Designers on developing new features, updating existing UI for consistency and constantly be up-to-date on platform-specific best practices. The Product Designer will also be responsible for delivering wireframes, user flows, user testing, low-fidelity designs, high-fidelity designs, specs, assets.
- Works closely with Product Managers, Developers and the rest of the Design Team to deliver exceptional product enhancements with the user in mind, ensure optimal technical implementation and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Routinely handles product design projects including design research, user research, user testing, wireframes, user flows, prototypes, animations, high-fidelity designs, specs, asset delivery, and user assurance testing (UAT).
- Uses data gathered from user testing and the Analytics team to produce compelling, data-driven concepts and user flows.
- Produce prototypes and/or animations for the purpose of clearly communicating transitions and functionality to developers as well as a presentation tool for getting stakeholder approvals.
- Sets up and/or updates existing Sketch files for marketing team and exports graphics for use on web, print or in video.
- Minimum 1 year of experience designing for launched products
- Portfolio shows projects with solutions that solve function-level problems
- Have worked within a process established by team lead
- Able to collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, Analytics, and Customer Service to uncover problem areas
- Has basic understanding of user experience design and process
- Strong in user research, information architecture, interaction design, typography, usability standards, iconography, user interface design, and writing
- Maintains professionalism, has excellent listening and communication skills, respects peers, contributes as an integral team member, open to learning new skills, able to adapt to a fast-paced work environment with constantly changing factors.
- Proficient in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
Nice to have:
- Experience designing Android, iOS apps that have been launched on mobile and tablet sizes
- Experience designing for responsive web (mobile-first approach)
- Experience designing for TV applications and connected devices
- Knowledge in front-end development (eg: HTML, CSS)
- Experience with prototyping (eg: Invision, Principle, AfterEffects)
- Experience in putting together a HIG
- Experience in using project management tools like Asana/Wrike/Jira
- Strong illustration and animation skills
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.