iHeartMedia Senior Software Engineer, Scala in New York, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Scala at iHeartRadio
32 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10013
iHeartRadio, iHeartMedia’s digital radio platform, is the fastest growing digital audio service in the U.S. and offers users thousands of live radio stations, personalized custom artist stations created by just one song or seed artist and the top podcasts and personalities. With over a billion downloads, iHeartRadio reached 100 million registered users faster than any other radio or digital music service.
iHeartMedia’s platforms include radio broadcasting, online, mobile, digital and social media, podcasts, personalities and influencers, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation.
Our platform engineering team is responsible for providing digital and personalized radio services to millions of users, including millions of songs and thousands of stations. These services range from personalized artist and song radio; station recommendations per the “For You” feature; popular content trending throughout the iHeartRadio network of local station web sites; social sharing to FB, Twitter, G+, etc. We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers to join our growing platform engineering team. If you are interested in working in a highly distributed and scalable agile environment where performance and building amazing products that reach tens of millions of users at thousands of requests per second is important, we are the place to be. We are highly focused on using the right tools for the job, building component based system architecture and giving ownership and responsibility to our autonomous team.
- Design, develop and deploy scalable backend services for new and existing products and features
- Work on our Scala/Akka micro-service backend API platform that powers the features and functionality of our clients
- Collaborate and work closely within team/engineering as well as cross-functional teams
- Be part of designing and building reactive real time systems that services millions of users
- Experience working in high scale/distributed systems where high availability, low latency and scalability is key
- Experience in continuous deployment and testing
- Strong experience working in concurrent and parallel programming
- Deep knowledge of algorithms and data structure and how to apply them when designing and building systems
- Solid experience in Scala/Java and at least one other programming language
- Experience with kafka, spark is desired but not required
- Experience with SQL/NOSQL systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgres, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
iHeartMedia is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.