iHeartMedia Accounts Receivable Specialist II in San Antonio, Texas
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$4482.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Administers highly effective credit and collections programs to help support overall financial goals and objectives for individual business units and iHeartMedia by ensuring the timely resolution of past due accounts receivables in an effort to increase revenue and limit losses.
• Collects customer information for the credit application and approval process and submits to management for review, approval, or denial of credit.
• Assists in conducting periodic account reviews to identify and follow up on key accounts to ensure effective collection and customer service satisfaction.
• Consults and advises management regarding the status of outstanding accounts.
• Monitors the status of outstanding collection activity to identify problem areas, and adopts procedures to improve the overall collections process.
• Assists in the development and administration of effective credit and collections strategies and initiatives.
• Utilizes branch resources, AE contacts and internal attorney demand letters to support the credit and collections objectives.
• Identifies accounts that are uncollectible; informs management of risks of lost revenue or other anomalies; assists in the preparation and validation of bad debt write-offs for uncollectable account balances.
• Keeps detailed collection notes and recommends changes in customer terms.
• Generates reports and analyses to help successfully manage past due accounts.
• Assists management in assigning specific accounts to third party collection resources; works with collection agencies on post-placement issues, provision of additional information, settlement negotiations and suit approvals.
• Maintains effective working relationships between iHeartMedia and vendors to ensure credit and collection activities are consistent with iHeartMedia’s overall customer relations.
• Assists in managing bankrupt accounts, post-petition issues and the processing of bankruptcy related documents.
• May interface and partner with other business units as necessary.
• May make collection calls to customers for past-due invoices and short-payments.
• May provide documentation from accounting records in support of company information audits.
• Intermediate Excel and technical skills in accounting software; ability to learn new systems quickly
• Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated high level of client relationship skills
• Ability to plan and organize; excellent attention to detail and optimal work standards
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective with management and colleagues as well as external clients
• Stress tolerance & flexibility especially when working under pressure and with challenging clients
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position
• Bachelor's degree with concentration in Accounting
• None required
San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here at http://iheartmediacareers.com/Pages/EEO.aspx to learn about E-Verify.
Current employees and contingent workers click here at https://wd5.myworkday.com/iheartmedia/d/task/3005$1999.htmld to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
iHeartMedia, Inc. is one of the leading global media and entertainment companies specializing in radio, digital, outdoor, mobile, live events, and on-demand entertainment and information services across the nation and providing premier opportunities for advertisers.
Click Here To Learn More About Us:
www.iheartmedia.com at http://www.iheartmedia.com/Pages/Home.aspx